Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Changes

I could not think of a better title for what is happening right now in my life: Changes. That is exactly what my life is at this point-- a series of changes all culminating in the biggest change yet, leaving tomorrow for 8 months. I am about to say adios to the great city that is ATL and travel around the world leaving behind friends, family, all that I've ever known. However, this is not all bad. Along the way, I will pick up more friends, memories, experiences, and gain life experience like no other. For that, I am excited. I am excited to finally go on this adventure that I've been talking about for so long. It's here. The day has come. I am actually leaving the U.S. of A. 

I'd like to say thank you. Thank you to my school - for the endless hours of calculus, english, and biology.. Let's hope they've paid off. Thank you to my friends - for the countless hours of laughter and down right fun. Thank you to my family - for never leaving my side and teaching me the bare essentials to life. I hope to make all of y'all proud and to take all of the things you've each sewn into my life with me wherever I go. 

So, here I stand at the beginning of a journey, about to embark on an adventure that will no doubt test my wits, physicality, faith, and sanity. I pray that I'm ready. I think that I'm ready. No, I know I am ready. It's time to throw up the deuces, peace outta here, and say sayonara. Atlanta, its been real. World, here I come. My friends, I wish y'all the best and look forward to seeing y'all in 8 short months.


Ben

3 comments:

  1. Look out world! You have such a huge capacity, such a huge heart, such a huge laugh out loud personality. The world just doesn't stand a chance. My bet? Ben takes it all. World - zilch. Love you, son. There just ain't no mountain high enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is incredible Ben! I remember meeting you for the first time my freshman year during the rehearsal for "The Boyfriend!" Although i did not really know you or anyone for that matter, I knew that there was something special about you. Your heart, generosity, kindness and faith speak volumes about your character and relationship with Christ. That is truly awesome! I will miss you! However, I know that Atlanta isn't complex or big enough to contain you or satisfy you. You were intended for greatness and that is exactly what you are doing. Achieving greatness! You will change the world some day. I wish you the best of luck in your travels and I can't wait to see where life takes you! Your incredible. Keep up the good work! Haha. I am so proud of you!

    Love,
    Kelli McGee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben, you're ready. You're right that it will test you, but in all of the best ways! I'm so glad you've decided to join us this year...

    ReplyDelete